Tuesday 30 August 2011

number 9 the ninth

Back in the day when I was an innocent child- well more innocent than I am now, (mwuhahahaha) I attended the Junior Chefs Academy at Thomas Danby College. My chef, one Timothy Bilton had many a nickname for me, for a period of time I was known as Watership Down because of my tendency to eat raw herbs. However the name that stuck the most was the ironically termed Lightning. 3 guesses why... my need for speed is legendary...ahem..
When I left the academy with fond memories,I followed Tim's career ,some may call it borderline stalkerish and you can imagine my excitement when a certain Timothy appeared on the Great British Menu. I learnt that he now owned the Butchers' Arms in Hepworth, Huddersfield and I have always been meaning to go.

This 'bucket list' gives me just another excuse to do the things that I've always wanted to do so it was high time for me to pay my old mate Tim a visit.

The Butchers' Arms prides itself on using local stuff, the ingredients used to make up the menu  are locally sourced, even the decorations in the restaurant are made by local craftsmen such as the coat rack made of forks and spoons or the unusual looking clock.

I know that you are all dying to know what I ate and oh my it was good grub.
To start, I had goose liver parfait and in the words of all good tasters,,om nom nom nom. For main, a steak and kidney pie, the peas were served in a little copper pan and a small strainer for the chips - its all about the presentation I'll have you know.

Pudding was a more confuddling affair as I want it all and I want it now. The mother, sister and I had two deserts between the three of us, a sticky toffee pudding and an ice cream plate which consisted of midnight mint mmmmmm, rhubarb and custard, heavenly and white chocolate and cherry ripple, even more heavenly = )
Tim came to say hello at this point and told us of his endeavours. The sister was impressed that he would still recognise me, but who could forget my face..lol


No comments: